• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Editing Images

Maybe this doesn't belong here but I need to ask some of you photo editors a questions. I recently bought some Cross Country Ski trails and there is existing images, logos, ect on the web. I have those images being I bought everything, I want to use the same brochure but I need to make some. The images I have when I open them in Paint shop pro are very blurry when they are enlarged and I need the contact info changed. Can anyone help me out, once I have the images modified I will then just make up some new brochures here at work, I need to watch the over head being these trails are donation only...

Thanks,

PS I can email the .jpg's if anyone can help me. I just need them sharpened up and the phone # changed.

pk, this is just the right place to post this.

Images posted on the Web are small because larger files use up bandwidth and computer monitor resolution is much more coarse than what's needed for printing.

If you're trying to use the images on the Web site for printing, they'll pixelate and look like junk for that reason (unless you size them very small.) So in order to print your brochure you'll need to find the original higher-resolution images. For printing, when you're sizing and using those images, make them 300dpi/ppi. That's the four-color glossy paper resolution standard.

If you can't locate those original images, the shop that printed the last batch of brochures should have them, or at least they should have the files they used to design the brochures (unless they were printed a long time ago), and they wouldn't charge much to make a few changes before they'd print you another run.