• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pileated

Hey Ken:

Nice one. They are not easy to get close to.

When my wife and I go for walks together on the wooded trails she always wants to bring the dogs. I always want to bring my camera. The two don't mix, so she just gives me that baleful stare wives have down so perfectly and we leave the dogs behind and bring my camera. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I know. I get the same story. "You mean you're going for a walk and you aren't going to take the dogs?" This pileated has been hanging around the edge of the yard for over a year. One of these days!

I'll have a tip for you when you come over tomorrow. A way to keep pileateds close. I did this two winters ago in March and had a pair divebombing me. Had to comb them out of my hair. Lots of sharp shots from 10 feet away, although I was ducking so hard I couldn't get any BIF shots. grin.gif