• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rec Leagues

Scott M

Anybody play in any good rec leagues, and where?

I used to drive around looking for games in the summers. The HS gym is a good place to start, they sometimes open it up on weekends or evenings or really super early in the mornings.

Anybody try any YMCAs?

I have a buddy playing UltimateHoops outta Bloomington. It's a wild setup. I don't know what the entry fee is but they write stories about the games, have a salary cap and salaries assigned to players, keep stats online, shoot pictures and video, it's nuts. My buddy is playing and having a heck of a time. I was worried that the competition would be a bunch of D3 and Juco players but its mostly run of the mill guys with a few former collegiates playing out their unlived fantasies against Average Joe Jock. We're going to try to set up our own team this winter.

Otherwise I will have to scratch the itch some other way. I need to get back in shape and lose a few pounds and this seems like a nice way.

A few buddies of mine play at the Apple Valley community center quite a bit. They're in a league there. There is also just open gym times through out the week with a lot of pick up games to get in on.

I play in 2 leagues. Sunday night in Becker, and Tuesdays in Cambridge. Both should be starting in a month or so. Cambridge league stinks but the Becker league has some real good players. I also used to play Mon-Wed-Fri at the Elk River High School from 5:45am to 7:30am. Decent play, mostly guys go there to get in shape.