• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can you say Lucky!

archerystud

So I had some minor surgery and with everything that's going on tonight was the first night I got out hunting.

So with about 15 minutes left of legal light I hear something to the East that sounds like antlers. My first thought is another hunter until I look over and realize that there are 3 bucks out in the grassy field. Two of the push around for 30 seconds and the winner then picks a fight with the other one who quickly backs down. After this I give a couple of calls and all three bucks start working my way.

The winner is leading the way and gets to within 18 yards. It's pretty dark so I have to shoot without my peep but I have a clear lane. I hear the arrow hit and the buck bolts.

He runs about 40 yards and I can barely see him in the tall grass. I think I see him go down so I get out of there.

After an hour I come back to find an arrow full of guts. My heart sinks until I think that the deer was slightly quartering at me and this could be from the exit. As I'm looking for blood I hear something run away. Now I'm really bummed. I deside to do a quick search where I thought he went down, I quickly find white.

It's a 9 pointer with an 18 inch inside spread. Brow tines are nice but the G2's are kind of weak. I'll post pictures later and I'll get him weighed tomorrow. I'll put him at about 190 lbs dressed. I want to take him back out and get some decent pictures in the woods tomorrow.

First time out this year and I end my buck season.

I'd rather be LUCKY than good any day.

Great Job!!!! If you are still going to Ripley this week look us up and we can share some stories. If you see a 2005 gold f-150 with a gold Mathews logo in the back window you will have found us.

Quote:

I'll be there. I have a 01 Blue/Silver F150 SuperCrew. First time I'll go to Ripley after I've shot a buck. I shoot an LX my dad shoots and Outback.

What time are you going into the camp? We will be there @ noon. Bring your pictures!!!!!