• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My day on Upper Hay

Wow the weather cooperated well...30 degrees, breezy with light snow all day. Arrived at noon, had never fished it before. Searched for a piece of structure on the south end for about 45 minutes until I pulled my head out of my butt and realized I had the map turned around. Anyway fished everywhere...20 foot flat and break into 40+ foot trough, shallow humps and at primetime I was set up jigging in 30' on the north end with a tipup on top of the 10' point. Word to the wise: if you are planning on using tipups Saturday bring BIG minnows. I had large fatheads and still was constantly pulling up 5-6 inch perch and while jigging no matter where I was it was constantly being attacked by 2 and 3" perch. I finally caught a 2lb northern on the tipup "whooopiee" well it was bleeding pretty good so I threw it on the ice. Went back to set in the trap and about 15 minutes later I look out to check for a flag and whats that, a little kid is screwing with my pikeus interuptus. A closer look revealed a magnificently huge Bald Eagle and away went my fish. All in all it was a fun day but, the walleye were no where to be found. Can't wait for Saturday maybe one of the experts can lead me to those fat and happy 'eyes

Chiro, thanks for the info. Any idea how long it takes to get there from the NW corner of the cities? I live at the junction of 494 and 94. I have been dying to catch some fish and would love to get out on Saturday.

Thanks for the info on the ice and ATV. I will get mine ready to go.

"pikeus interuptus" grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

I love it!

These guys should be able to put anyone on fish...Catching them may be another story... wink.gif

Just kidding...You guys will do alright up there. Have fun!

PCG

One other note: the parking is VERY limited at the access and the whole area is slick as snot. I am bringing a sledge and will be there early to bust up some shore ice as it was a little difficult to get the portable over the hump without loosing all the gear.