• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Powder Puff football

My daughter (a junior) played in the homecoming powder puff football game this afternoon. It was a great game - they beat the seniors 28-0. grin.gif What makes this really special to me is the fact that she has multiple sclerosis, and was pretty much unable to walk in January 2006. She only played in a few plays, but what a thrill for us!

The first picture is one of the touchdowns by her classmate. The second one is a picture of my daughter being knocked down by a senior. (She's the one on the ground) My daughter had a blast!

Powderpuff2007031b.jpg

Powderpuff2007036b.jpg

These Photos will make wonderful memories! Sorry to hear she has MS. Its amazing the journeys MS can take your heart through! My wife has Relapse & remitting MS, and has had plenty of relapses, but the last one, after our son was born, had her in a weelchair also. I thank the Good lord everyday that she wakes up and has feeling in her limbs. Seeing her in a weelchair, not being able to hold our son(newborn at time) was the hardest thing I have witnessed yet in 28 years. God willing, and youth on your daughter and my wifes side, we will see a cure.

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Joe

It's great to see her handling it so well A positive attitude can go a long ways. We have a friend with MS. She has been confined to a wheelchair for years. Yet, she always has an upbeat attitude. a few months ago I helped her secure a PC and trained her on the voice recognition program. She can surf the net for Nascar races, send and receive email, print out photos that people send her, and basically get around on the computer, better than my wife, while using only her voice. I believe your daughter will do just great in life.I can see she is already living life to it's fullest.

My daughter was 13 when she was diagnosed. We travel to the Mayo Clinic once a month for an infusion of Tysabri. Her last MRI in September showed no new lesions. We are very thankful!

On the anniversary of her diagnosis, we host a "Celebration of Life" to spin it to the positive. This year, she wants to have a bonfire with a bunch of friends. Much more fun than worrying about the path her disease will take.

X- that sounds like a very cool thing you set up for your friend. Any little bit of independence is so important. My mother-in-law also has MS and had to move to a nursing home about 6 years ago. She can no longer do anything for herself.

Channelfats - We'll be thinking of you, your wife, and family. Thanks for sharing!