• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viewing EXIF Data?

I just downloaded the Opanda viewer and it seems to work well. On many photos there is no data available. When you save to the web using Photo Shop it wipes out the exif data, is that correct? Is there any way to view it or is it not possible? Thanks.

When you "save for Web" in Photoshop, exif is erased. The feature makes the smallest file possible while still retaining enough quality for computer screen viewing. I know of no way to obtain exif data from such a file.

I always use the "save for Web" feature to save bandwidth, and almost always include exif data for each image in my post. Even if I didn't use the "save for Web" feature, I'd put in the exif data because it's a teaching/learning tool and many casual and not so casual viewers of pics here don't know how to download/use an exif viewer or don't care enough to go through the rigamarole.

My feeling is that if I'm going to post images and hope for comments, the least I can do is provide the crucial information to accompany each image.

When I encounter images with no exif data included and I need to see the data so I can provide a comment based on this pivotal data, I use Exif Viewer version 2.6, which is a free shareware (for macintosh) that you can download.

I learned on another forum that Kuso Exif Viewer displays the most info. However, the extra info really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. wink.gif It's also a free download for Windows. However, if you edit and save a jpeg more than a couple times, the exif goes bye bye, no matter how you save it.