• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best "trick" you taught your dog

Dahitman44

A little thing that my lab does it when I throw a tennis ball, she will retrieve it and when she gets back, she will toss the ball up to you. I didn't really teach it to her, she just kind of started doing it. She will also sit at the top of the stairs and toss the ball down, wait till it stops and she will run down and get it. Pretty funny to watch and it keeps her busy.

I have taught my 100 Lb Red Bone to stand for a little while then give me a one or two handed high five. I haven't seen many dogs that big stand for that long. And he will give me either a loud bark or a quiet bark for a treat.

Not sure it's a trick if it only happens once buy here is my best.

Coon hunting one night with some buddies and their hounds. Treed one on a branch out over the river. When the coon was shot it landed mid-stream and when the ruckus was over the hounds and dead coon ended up on the opposite bank. As they lost interest in the dead coon and started hunting the opposite bank I hollered at my bluetic Blue to fetch, never expecting it to happen. I'm sure this hound had never heard the word fetch before, but for some reason walked over to that coon, picked it up and swam back across with it.

The real trick was me pretending that it was no big deal and I expected it. The best part was hearing my buddies, years later, telling others about my hound who was trained to fetch.