• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weed and Feed or winterize

18 inch Crappie

I don't know about new sod, but with any other lawn at this point I'd think you could still kill weeds right now (without the fertilizer) and then put your winterizer on in a few weeks. That's what I was going to do tonight before these gale force winds I'm hearing rattle my office windows...no spraying in this!

Quote:

I just put 1000 yards of sod down at the end of August and want to put some fertilizer down before winter, I know I do not have time for both so what one would be best to put down at the end of the month?

Most products are going to say mow at least 3 times before you put down any herbicide.

If you already have weeds showing in your new sod, there was something wrong to start with. Weed-n-feed won't get rid of weeds that aren't already there.

Use a winterizer.

The way the weed-n-feed works, is that the particle has to land on the leaf of the weed, unless it's a grassy weed.

So, unless you have weeds showing in your new sod, even if the sod was laid over weeds, but the weeds are not above the sod, the weed part of the weed-n-feed isn't going to be effective.