• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

scents?

Dahitman44

Since we are talking about stuff that is against the law -- I saw this corn rn block that would work really well, I think. Maybe too well. Bought it at a store in Minnesota, but it said on it that it might be baiting. Nice.

Can't believe they can sell that stuff. It looked like a big rice crispy bar for deer. But instead of marshmallows and krispies it had corn and something smelling like apple sauce.

How do they gat away with that?

Sorry but I was answering a question from earlier in the thread and DaHitman was the originator of this thread so he wasn't exactly hijacking his own thread. Just trying to help someone, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

As far as scents etc for me I would think if you are using scents and the scented wind is blowing towards the deer, then isn't your scent going that way too. I have a scentlok suit but still don't think it covers all of your scent. Like said before, if you are hunting the wind correctly and have multiple stand sites, you are probably better off. However scents work wonders for people every year. Gotta love this sport and try your own stuff and see what works. I do use cover scents and usually have the HS earth scent wafers that I too keep in my rubbermaid with all my clothing and also keep one on my hat. The better half hates the smell of it but then again she doesn't come hunting with me either. Love the smell of dirt right!!! grin.gif I do agree with using a drag line when walking to your stand and making some pretty aggressive circles when walking to the stand!! This may bring a deer in closer to get a shot. I LOVE BOWHUNTING!!! SUCH A CHALLENGE AND A REWARDING FEELING WHEN YOU BAG ONE!!!!