• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Fly Agaric" (and other shroom pics)

after a morning of "yard work" tongue.gif..I figured I'd take a run to my favorite private "wildlife "refuge hoping to come across some sort of critters....I did come across a red coated summer doe screaming in the brush at me(blowin and snortin but of course no pics smirk.gif)...also flushed one grouse(I wasn't watching the sides of the trail and flushed one under my nose, heart skipped a beat or 2 as I wasn't expecting it shocked.gif)....no pics of course but did manage a few images of these Fly Agaics (Amanita muscaria) also known as death angels...things really "popped" after the recent rains and noticed other mushrooms as well...doesn't take long for rains to make the fall forest come alive...sometimes only hours after the rain as with these mushrooms....

Frame_DSCF8710-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF4221-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF4227-2copy.jpg

and another wild mushroom:

Frame_DSCF8690-2copy.jpg

puffball:

Frame_DSCF4216-2copy.jpg

Pretty amanita images, Jonny. Lots of people don't realize how good fall can be for spying out mushrooms. Cool temps, fresh rain spell FUNGI! grin.gif

I was out for awhile this morning and saw lots of new shrooms, and am planning to be out all day tomorrow capturing some of them.