• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brooke's Big Adventure...

Corey Bechtold

Brooke had a chance to spend last weekend up at her 2 friends' cabin with their family. There was a lot going on with all the frog hunting, agate hunting, camp fires and learning about which weeds are poison ivy (the wrong way crazy.gif). Even though there was lots of play over the holiday weekend there was at least some time for some serious business, fishing! laugh.gif

Before Brooke left for the trip Mom helped her pack the clothes while I armed her with a fishing rod and a bag of White Power Tubes. Good thing I did because when Brooke got home she came up to me and handed me what was left of the package of baits I sent up with her. 2 Power Tubes!!! I asked her what happened since she only had the 2 left.

Typically I tell the fishing story before bed but tonight Brooke had the opportunity and I thought I'd share with everybody.

Now I don't know anything about the lake she was at but after she told me about the fishing I wished I was there. The Grandpa was a fisherman and liked to take the kids out fishing with him. One evening he took out a whole family for a little Panfish action. With 8 other people on the pontoon the lines hit the water. Brooke said she started catching a lot of Sunfish while everyone else was only catching a few small ones from time to time. After Brooke had caught a lot of fish her friends' cousin asked the oldest sister how come Brooke was catching all the fish. She told her that Brooke's dad fishes a lot and she learned all her "fishing moves" from her dad. grin.gif I said "fishing moves"? and she laughed. It didn't take long until Brooke was asked about her little secrret. She showed them the Powerbait Micro Tubes I had given her and she passed them out for everybody to use. Apparently they all had a blast catching fish and Brooke told me that she caught the most and the biggest fish. I asked her how big they were and she held up her hands and showed me. Apparently they were all about 8-9" but she said she caught Pumpkinseed that was bigger! I heard that the mom had taken some pictures from the trip and I hope to see them soon. I was also proud because Brooke told me that she showed the other kids how to hold the fish and take the fish off the hook.

It really made me feel good that Brooke was able to teach people from 5 years old up to 70 how to catch fish on Powerbaits like I showed her. Apparently it was quite the show because Lisa got the same story from Brooke's friend's mom today.

Now it's back to school for the kids and Brooke has to explain all the spots on her legs to her friends but at least she has the positive side of the weekend to look at. grin.gif

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

Great story Corey!

I just caught on to plastics as well.

Your kids can teach anyone a lot about fishing, especially when they are calling for help to take a catfish off their line.

Not quite sure how they caught one before me, but... smile.gif

i've been here every day, just haven't had much to report/say!! grin.gifa lot of my spare time has been envolved with a girl friend !she has a place on the miss. but i haven't done much there yet.we plan to be in faribault for a long weekend the 19- 23, then my son and i will be there the sat and sunday the weekend after. then i'll be into deer hunting! right now i am hobbling around.( had scope knee surgery wed. and i manage to tear one of the stitches loose! ooops!!! frown.gif )so trying to be good today! grin.gif del