• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fixin the 5 year old?

radke22

I have been in the service a little over a year now. My English Setter never really had a problem until I left. He urinated starting after I left for basic. I was home 20 days ago for R&R and the 1st chance he had he urinated all over my gear. I am back in the suck and just got an email from my folks that he urinated all over my clothes that my mom had prepped for storage and the question came up wheather we should fix him or not. He is a 5 1/2 year old English Setter from good lines, but I have no interest in breeding him. Am I really going to lose anything by getting him snipped? Other than maybe some of his respect.

Do you think that "fixing" your dog will solve the issue? I am not sure that at 5 years old it will change much. Is the thought that getting your dog fixed will decrease the desire to mark his territory? From what I have heard (and it could be a myth) if they are not fixed early, you will not change this behavior of lifting a leg and marking everything in site. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

On a side note, I would like to thank you for your service for our country.

I don't know if it was coinsidence but, I have a 9 year old springer that would pee in my basement the minute we left the house. I had him fixed this spring and he has stop that all together. Now it is very rear that he pees in the basement and when he does it is usually my fault for not letting him out.

I see your at Fort Bragg. I have relatives that live in Fayetteville. That is an interesting city. Thanks for serving our country.