• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad pics of meteor shower is still better than not trying at All I guess.

Ok crawled back out of bed at 1:am to check out meteor shower. spent about an hour in the dark. I drove about 40 miles north of Fargo/moorhead and still could not get out of the lights of the city. Had good view to the east though, saw probably 20-30 comets with the naked eye. ended up with 6 shots varying from 3 minutes to 15 minute exposure. I have decided to go and throw my peice of dump tripod in the river and buy something better. Here is one picture that kinda turned out. Any advice would be welcome. I have never tried to take a pic of the stars before. I tried various lenses, iso's, f-stops 5.6 to 11, shutter from 2 minutes to 15 mintues. 15 minutes was too long for the 15mph breeze outside wiggle the tripod ever so slightly. I am thinking it is almost time to bolt a ball ram ball mount to a wood saw horse and try that for things that I dont want to wiggle.

iso 100, 400mm zoom lense f5.6, tripod, cable release, bulb shot at 300 secs.

IMG_4870small.jpg