• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Live Glow Grubs?

I've got the glow wax worms. They are alive and really do glow! They are patented, so the process to make them glow must be unique. They come in 6 colors - red, pink, orange, natural, blue, and chartruese.

Good Fishing,
Mike

------------------
Hooked on Fishing Bait & Tackle
The Place For Info
5510 HWY. 63 North
Rochester, MN 55901
Phone: (507) 282-4982
HookedOnFishingTackle.com

I'm going to order some and try'em out for night fishing crappies. First it was neon worms, now grubs. Man, what are they going to do next? Neon glow minnows? LOL. I'm going to try them out and post my results here. Have fun fishing and be safe.

BassPatrol

Has anyone personally seen or used these neon glow grubs? I was going through my In-Fish Ice Mag and came across them. They're supposed to glow after being charged by a high intesity light, the kind that you charge your glow lures with, and they're supposed to glow for the rest of their lives. Any info on these is greatly apprecited. I just thought they looked cool, but didn't want to use them if they're toxic.

Thanks,
BassPatrol

Yeah.. I saw that ad too; I don't think they are toxic-- otherwise it prally wouldn't be legal or the In-Fisherman wouldn't run their ad. It's prally simmilar to the bedding/injectable ink that you can buy at the store for making neon or "glowing" night crawlers.

I've seen these waxworms in the neon glow colors and they aren't all they're cracked up to be.
First off the don't glow all that well. You can't charge them quick like a jig. They need light for at least 30 seconds.
They stink terrible. I can't see a fish coming close to that smell.
They cost way too much. 5 bucks for 40 waxies is too much money.
I'm going to stick with the colored maggies (eurolarvae) they are the best anyway!

In response to fishfearme.......

Yes, they really do glow very well, but they do need to be charged up.
They do have have an oder, but I don't think fish will be turned off by it.
They cost more than other waxies or maggets, but they are also quite different and the increased cost is due to increased process costs. I know I've spent $5 on lots of stuff that is not as productive as these promise to be. A nice bunch of panfish is well worth a few bucks.

Good Fishing,
Mike

Glo litle glo worm-glimmer, glimmer> works best when the lights are dimmmer, dimmer. Why not just put a couple three budget bugs on a small glowing jig? Anyhow, real waxies smell kinda like honey. In my humble opinion, it's another gimmick-a bait that catches fishermen......T