• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good carp spots near st paul?

I would think any were yo could get out with a worm or corn. I have heard the east side, down by power plant. The old power plant! Were the hippies live.

Shack your talkin my days What Hippies?? Yes by the old NSP power plant out west 7th street,by old SCHMIDT BREWERY,We fished there often in the 60s Good carp spot,we fished for them back then when people thought we were nuts!But we liked the fight!40-50lbers.

I've seen big carp down there, but never one that would honestly top 40lbs. I have been fishing there for years. State record is 55lbs 5oz or something like that. Could be a 55+lber down there, but I think with the amount of big carp I have seen with lesions and wierd growths, they might not be able to live long enough to achieve that weight?

I guess I have been wrong more often than not, so who knows anyway?

I fished there yesterday and today. Many sheep head, a few small cats, one mudpuppy, one silver redhorse, 6-8 carp, the biggest between 20-24lbs.

I have fished there throughout the summer, but had a bit more time lately.