• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Game Fair...The "State Fair" for dogs.

R. Miller

Who's getting excited? I went last year for the first time in about 10 years, and I had a really good time. It was fun to see all the different dogs and puppies, and most impressive to me was Tom Dokken's seminar with his pooch, Rookie. Is there a list of events and times for any of these seminars? I suppose I could call somewhere. I'm bringing my little cousin with this year. He's getting really into bird hunting and has his mind set on a German Wirehaired Pointer in the next year or two. Should be fun!

Though I might run my dogs in it again, I think the pointing dog competition is pretty hokey. My dogs thought I was CRAZY chasing them around behind a 6-8'lead. I think they should compete without a lead, either that or a MUCH longer one.

I hear you...didn't care much for that competition as well, from what I saw of it. I like it more or less because of all the different dog breeds to see and the few deals you can find there. Other than that, it just gets me pumped for bird hunting season. Now the Pheasant Fest in St Paul this coming January...that's something that should be really fun to go to.