• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish elevator

fishinJohn

I am new to ice fishing, so far only one fish on the line. I saw the video for the fish elevator and it looks like it could be useful if fish really do come off the hook often coming up the hole. Does this happen pretty often? I would hate to catch/kill perch all day only to have them slip off the hook last minute.

They are very useful for permanents but if you have a portable don't bother. You can slide the fish on to the ice. Perm's like them because being off the ice means you either have to reach down every time and stick you hand in the water or you could use the elevator and lift it out of the water. My .02

I tested both 8 inch and the 10 inch at or near end of ice season last year . Pretty slick and works well even outside once you hit last ice .

As we have to jack up permanent houses as the season progresses it gets my thumbs up especially,,, and for those whose bellies are getting thick or having probs bending as in the dive down the hole grab ....try it . IT WORKS .

TD