• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP - Choosing a climbing tree stand!!

What brand of climbing stand do you guys suggest for bow hunting? I want something that is easy to get set up with and easy to hunt from. I am not looking to break the bank but I do want something reliable and safe. I am 5'6" 130 pounds, if that helps.

The Summit Viper is a great pick. It is a little bulky and a liitle heavier than some but the comfort cant be beat. I have used the Lone Wolf which is excellent for hauling around, it is very light and not bulky at all. The only problem I had was the seat was not nearly as comfortable as the Summit or as warm. Was worth it to me to haul a little extra weight for A+ comfort.

I have the summit viper classic which is the steel version. It's 27lbs. verses the Viper which is aluminum and about 19lbs. It's very reasonably priced I think around $150. I can deal with the extra weigh for the price being qyite a bit lower. The comfort and easy set up is unmatch by any other climber I have used. I rarely use any other stand now.

I have a Summit Python that I bought a number of years ago. I have a TON of hours in that stand. It is easy to use and very comfortable. I don't know if they make it anymore, but if I was in the market for a climber, I would buy another Summit stand.

I love my 14 pound Openshot! Summit's the winner!

Only hard part is holding onto the V or the rails when doing the leg lift part of the climb.

My buddies who are heavier than me hate it because they can't hang on and then lift their legs. I'm 5'11" and 170 and it's a piece of cake for me. They need the Viper style.

The only down side of any brand climber is you can only climb telephone pole trees.

My next purchase is going to be a 33lb ladder stand ($79).