• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 and DMC-FZ8 What are your thoughts?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 or DMS-FZ8

What are your thoughts on this camera. I am not a photo guru. Looking for something with a nice zoom, easy to use, and will take motion shots well (ATV'ing use).

Also what speed memory card would be best? does the 60x or the 133x really ake a difference?

Just picked up a Fuji S700 and its pretty much the same camera

function wise. But the Fuji gives you complete manual modes

the Lumix does not. But if you don`t need the manual functions

the Panasonic should just fine for your purposes.

I recently purchased the Lumix FZ7 and it seems to be a fine little camera. This one does have manual exposure and focus. It has 16 scene modes, which I'll probably never use, and takes darned nice videos. I just took my first video 2 days ago of my grandson finally crawling. It looked pretty darned good full screen. It does almost everything my old 35mm Nikons used to do and more. This one retails for around $300. It is 6 mp and comes with a 12X optical zoom and burst mode of 3.2 frames per second.

I just checked the specs on the FZ8, and this one does have full manual control, but the TZ3 does not. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz8/