• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog has problems

gonefishin11

My 1.5 year old chocolate lab has had diarrhea for about a day and a half now. 2 nights ago, she swallowed a piece of leather. It passed through yesterday around noon but ever since then she has had runny poo. Every hour or so since then she has had to go out. She tries to [PoorWordUsage] but only will go a small amount and it is extremely runny.

Has anyone had this problem? I understand that I should probably take her in but the vet will not be open Sunday or Monday. Do I wait this out and see if it gets better in the next couple of days? Or should something be done right away?

I took her in and they gave her some stuff to take. It wasn't an obstruction or anything like that. They said the leather just triggered an upset stomach, which is extremely upset at this point. They said nothing about pancreatitis. What would be the symptoms of that? What should I watch for?

Good deal!!! My friend's dog had a Pancreas flair up from being off schedule on his eating and then wolfing down a smoked dog bone. Scarry stuff, his dog lost a lot of his spunk. The main symptom was diarrhea that kept getting worse, he spent a ton of money having the dog treated over night at the emergency vet.

I keep about 10 + lbs of ground turkey on hand at all times. Cooked ground turkey or beef and rice is the "cure-all" for MOST stomach problems. I have used this method to clear up stomach issues on 5 different dogs in the last 2 years. Works like a charm. Plus the dogs REALLY like it.

She is all better now! Either the pills or the lake or a combination of the two and she is all better, just a little tired.

JB,

The vet gave her some food that was ground egg yolk, turkey and some other vitamin stuff. I think I am going to try to your suggestion and keep some ground turkey around. She loved the food also and it seemed to be better for the stomach.