• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Videos

Scott M

I love watching hunting videos. They really get me excited for a hunt or show me a thing or two that I wouldn't know, or teach me a thing or two about calling, but the one thing that really aggrevates me is how many of these videos are the southern good old boys laughing it up and mocking whatever they shoot. My wife walked in on me watching a turkey hunt and she was mad at me the rest of the evening for watching it because she saw the turkey flopping and the guys high fiving and laughing, and then holding the dead bird and imitating mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Just an FYI most of the videos I own are Barnie Calef duck hunting and then a bunch of Primos stuff. The Primos crew is pretty bad no matter what they are hunting. It seems about all the hunting videos I watch are like this, and it's not like I choose them that way, it's just what they all do. I know when I shoot something I don't whoop and holler and mock what I kill. Just wouldn't be right.

Does anybody have any good suggestions for videos that don't hoot and holler and in general hunt in poor taste? I'm not looking for koombaya, afterall it is still hunting, but I would like to not get chastized for watching a hunting video.

Dang man I love videos like that. I wish HBO had a outdoor channel. The duck commander and his buddies all spitting chew in slow motion, prairie dogs flying 5' in the air after getting shot. I'm waiting for the day they have a fishing show where the guy throws out his bobber, crackes a beer, and tells a couple of dirty jokes.