• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Ticks" (pic )

the little demons from hell are "out and about" grin.gif...had 5 of the little blood suckers on me today shocked.gif....my wife spotted this one on my back(she had me take my close off in the garage grin.gif)...of course she handed me a change of clothes!... tongue.gif...hate these things!

Frame_DSCF3072-1copy.jpg

Oh, you mean like THIS one? This is the 4-inch-long fishing spider I saw on my pillow six inches from my sleeping wife's face two summers ago. Golly, that was a wild few minutes in the middle of the night. She never kills these things. Instead, once she got over the shock of being pulled bodily out of a deep sleep and out of bed, she went downstairs for a jar to catch it in.

She came back up with a pint canning jar and I took one look at it.

"Uh, honey," I said, "I think we're going to need a bigger jar." (picture here Chief Brody in "Jaws" saying the same thing about a bigger boat.)

She came back with a gallon pickle jar. We put a really big flat rock over the top of the jar after we snagged the big bloody arachnid, and I took this shot the next day after we let it go in the back yard and pointed it AWAY FROM OUR HOUSE. shocked.gif

spider-vertical-1.jpg