• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thill Stealth?

riverrat56

hmmmm....my two stealths didn't have any rubber sleeves with them, I will try the 2 small split shots.

Otherwise I found a nice bobber made by Gapen's (I think) it has a float on the bottom and then a pole on top with a small float on that. When I weighted it just right so only the pole is out of the water it was very, very sensitive and led to some nice gills that I was missing with other bobbers. It can be clipped on and off and also can be set as fixed or a slip bobber.

Those Gapen floats are nice. I had one, once long ago, until a pike snipped it...The extra float on top is very easy to see, especially on rippled water against sun reflection.

I had weighted it just so that it layed at an angle. Any shy bite either sent it standing straight up or had it laying flat down was detected.

Quote:

hmmmm....my two stealths didn't have any rubber sleeves with them, I will try the 2 small split shots.

You can get some durable sleeves at any hobby shop. Look for silicone fuel line for model airplanes. The fuel line is thicker and is much more durable than the black sheeves that comes with the stealth bobbers. Get the size you need and cut to the desired length.

Quote:

Those Gapen floats are nice. I had one, once long ago, until a pike snipped it...The extra float on top is very easy to see, especially on rippled water against sun reflection.

Gapens are the way to go. I love em, bit spendy if you start loosing them tho! They also have versions that use celulume (light sticks) for night fishing. Easy to order from there web site.

Quote:

Quote:

Gapens are the way to go. I love em, bit spendy if you start loosing them tho! They also have versions that use celulume (light sticks) for night fishing. Easy to order from there web site.

Yeah they are, the nice one I had costed me $7+ I can't remember...It was the one where the light changes color as fish strikes it. It's been years so since then, I've been using thills, as they're cheaper, and had featured the center slider that I like to help prevent cast knotting.