• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

buying a new atv

jimmy40

is there anyone out there that has a 450 kingquad? I would like to hear the pros and cons of it. I'm thinking of buying a sportsman 500 or a 450 kingquad. I would like to put a plow on it and be able to pull a fish house with it. I have never owned a atv before so I would really like to hear some expert advice. Thanks in advance, jimmy40.

A 450/500 is all you need. Either size will push a 60" plow blade effectively. I have never driven a suzuki quad, but we own 2 sportsman 500's and they have been great. Works fine for pulling a portable, I would be concerned with tongue weight if pulling a permanent shack. I think you would be happy with either machine. Polaris has IRS, i'm not sure about the suzuki. IRS is nice if you trail ride at all.

I ride a Kingquad 700 and a Sportsman 500 H.O.

Both the Kingquad 450 and Sportsman 500 are EFI

The Polaris do have nicer tires, but the Kingquad has far superior brakes and weighs 122 pounds less.

If you are going to be doing a lot of plowing it is nice to have the Auxillary light on the handle bar. The Sportman has one and the KQ 700 does but the the KQ 450 does not.

I would definitely recommend test driving both wheelers before you buy one. Everyone has there own preferences and you can only tell so much about them on paper. I had my mind set on buying a Sportsman because that's all I ever rode and all of my buddies' ride them. But after test driving both, being a loyal Polaris customer, and the price diffence (polaris was $1000 cheaper than Can Am), I purchased the Can Am last week because it fit my riding style better than the Polaris. To each their own. Good luck!

I am buying the KQ 450 this fall. I test rode them both side by side. I liked the Suzuki far better. With that said you can't go wrong with either. I like the Racks better on the Polaris. But for more money and I actually like the engine, ride etc... about the Suzuki that is what I am going with.

that 450 Suzuki has tons of power and is a loaded Quad.

good luck test ride and make your decision. I am sure one will stick out at better to you. You can't go wrong either way.