• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carp spawning question

What water temperatures do carp typically spawn at? im kinda new to the whole bow fishing thing and was wondering if may first will be to late to get em spawning. With this weather weve been having my guess would be it will be ok. what are your guys thoughts?

Thanks

I don't know the temps. I am pretty sure that they will spawn at different times in different bodies of water. With the right conditions, they will even spawn several times a year.

Last year on our lake (West-central MN), they were in full heat on Memorial Day weekend. I would venture a guess that May 1st will be before a majority of carp spawn.

they will spwan when the water temp is around 63-70. And the lenght of the pre and post spawn are all dependant on how the weather is.I think that the best bowfishing happens in the pre spawn. But that can last for just a few days if not less. last year they spawned around memorial day and the whole spwan took place in less than 4 days.