• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The perfect start?

Hoytmystic

I was wondering if anyone has seen this video. It is by perfection gun dog training kennels. Some people say it is great but it is also expensive. I was just wondering if any of you had seen it. I just got a pointing lab and looking for a good video.

Thanks

Kyle

I have it and think it is good. It uses dogs that have not been trained so you see them learning and making mistakes as they go. You also see things that don't go as expected - pup catching a bird, remote launcher not launching, etc. If you get it I'd recommend taking notes and watching it about 5 times as it's loaded with info and you'll pick up new tidbits each time you view it.

The equipment they use is variable intensity eCollar with continuous stimulation capability, check cords, remote controlled launchers, birds and more birds, and you'd need a training partner to be most effective.

I agree that it is a good video. Lots of info in it. There is also a few others to look into for pointers. Delmar Smith and Rick & Ronnie Smith both have great videos, but my favorite is George Hickox. They are all in the $50 range. Another good one is Ferrel Millers, but I could go on and on. I wish I still had all of these here, but over the years too many people "forget" to return them to me. It's funny though, I think I have about 5 training books nobody ever borrows.

Good luck, whoevers method you decide to use just stick with it.