• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Sportsman 450 carb

dkmitch

Any opinions or eperience with this machine? Thinking about buying one. The only thing that is holding me back is concern there may not be enough power. We now have a Polaris 325 Magnum 4X4 and the power is lacking for the heavy work, fine on trails. Will use it for plowing snow, moving 8x12' fishhouse, hunting and trail riding. Will see some teenagers on it, so keeping the power down may be a good thing.

I don't have experience on the 450.

I would guess the power won't be much more than the 325 because of the weight difference. I would go for the 500 EFI at least. It will have a much better resale, let alone better power, mileage, and more fun.

Here is my 2cents, I bought a 2006 450 carb last fall. So far I really like this machine. I live in a rural area so it sees use from just having fun to hauling, pulling, pushing, ice fishing, hunting etc.... I also have young kids that at some point will be old enough to ride and to me the 450 will be a good machine for them to work up to. At that point if I decide I need more power well then I can move up. I think the 500efi is a great wheeler and if I would have had the additional $ at the time I probably would have bought that machine, but for my money at the time and the use I have gotten out of the 450 its been a great purchase. Each to there own I guess. Good luck

Not any experience on this machine but We use my cousins 400 sportsman to haul our wood houses on a trailer out on LOW. That thing is loaded around 2000 lbs I bet and he has more than enough power. You will have plenty of power with the 450. I would only really buy the 500 efi over it if you really want the EFI. Comes down to budget I guess.

Thanks for the input! Hopefully I can decide before the snow goes and the trails open. Will try to ride one before I buy. Wonder if they will let me pull my fishhouse. grin.gif

I would buy the Sportsman 500 EFI if it wasn't an extra $700. Can buy alot of accessories with that money

wink.gif