• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for advice on training book or DVD

beretta

I believe that method on page 45 is not intended to harm the pup just to show the pup you are the pack leader.

That method does not hurt the pup in the least. My pup has never whined when I've done this, this does not hurt the pup at all.

It shows them that you are in control and that they did something that they were not supposed to do.

I have used this method to enforce the "NO" command and it works wonders with my pup.

I don't see that harm in doing that to a pup at all, others could interpret that method as being cruel.

I've followed this book 100% the first 5 months of my puppy's life. The pup I have is a Brittany and is the best puppy I've ever had. I don't know if it's from doing everything in the book or the pup's genes. I can say that the book has shown me various training methods I can easily do in my own back yard here in the cities

I enjoy the book and it has a lot of great methods to speed train your dog.

laugh.gif