• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Entry Door Drafts

taits_papa

Looking for some advice. The entry door to my house has an adjustable type sill. I have adjusted the set screws to the point where they will not come up any further, yet I am still getting a pretty good draft/breeze coming in between the sill and the door weatherstripping. Wondering what my options are for this? Anyone have past experience?

Just been in the house through the first winter now and have had to place a rub in front of the door for the last few months to help with the heating bill. Would like to fix this spring prior to next year.

What is the condition of the weather stripping on the bottom of the door? It might be worthwhile to remove the door and then remove the weather stripping to look at its condition. Depending on the door it may have a sweep type weather stripping or one that is more like a tube. In either case it could be worn or cracked and no longer have the elastcity needed to form a good seal.