• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okaboji- Miller's Bay Report 2-20

Can you tell me of some good spots in Minn.where my girls can swim,my wife can read a book and i can catch fish.We take a 5th wheel,kind of like full hook up.Like a place where there is not tons of people.It would be late in july.

West Okoboji wouldn't be a bad choice. My family and I spent most of a week camping in that area last year during late July/early August. If you're looking for 'eyes, the bite may be tough. If you want to enjoy excellent panfish action, think about Emerson Bay campground on West. Nice public ramp right nearby, and the gills will be biting within a short boat ride from the campground. Several great swimming beaches in the area as well. A really great way to kick back and enjoy easy summertime living.

Now...if you're looking for great walleye and pike action at that time of year, might I recommend Rainy Lake...but that's a whole different story grin.gif

Depends on how serious you are about wanting better sized gills. If all you want to do is keep a kid happy bending the rod, you can often catch a fair number of small bluegills and perch right from the docks at the boat ramp in Emerson. Have had similar experiences from the ramp dock at Marble Beach on Spirit. Last summer one afternoon my 7 year old son landed 5 dandy gills from the dock in the time it took me to get the boat loaded. I carefully explained that some day our roles would reverse grin.gif

kuddy,

I can't say I know of a place that rents fishing boats. I know some of the local marinas rent jet skis and such, but not sure about a small fishing boat. If you decide on the Okoboji or Spirit Lake area, give me a shout. If you're there for a few days in late July, chances are good my son and I will be heading up at least a time or two, and you'd be more than welcome to join us.