• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabelas Fish house???

Mankato-Ice-Man

I am pretty sure I am getting one, but wanted to run this out here first -
Cabelas has a 5X6 (or so) portable. Normally 139.00 (I think) on sale through Friday for 89.99. It comes with everything but the floor and hinges, or so it says.
Has anyone here used one or know anyone that has?
Any help or opinions is VERY welcomed.
Thanks,
Jeremy

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

I bought the 2 man model ($119) and just finished putting it together.Havn't been out with it yet.Looks very handy to put up/take down/move.

Don't know how the fabric will hold up-looks a little light.The kit is as advertised with plywood and hardware the only add ons.

Me and a couple of friends just bought 2 today. We have been shopping all day for a big portable.They have two big doors on each end so we are going to place the two houses end to end and secure it with velcro. It will end up being about 5 x 12.I hate being crowded in a fish house.

Ice Man,

I put together the Cabelas Ice shack about three years ago and its held up nicely. I like the fact that I put the floor together. It is heavier than the plastic models which I use when walking out is the only option. I do prefer the heavier wood floor on a windy day especially now that I can drive out.

good luck

Thanks a bunch tubejig! Others too.
I got mine last night, and got the lumber, hardware, and paint tonight. Got some primer for free from the guy at the lumber yard and got a couple sheets of 3/4" tongue and groove floor boards that they ripped the tongue and grooved edges off from for much cheaper then the regular plywood. I went with the 3/4 inch instead of the 1/2 inch that they called for in the directions. I wasnt that concerned about the weight because I have a frabil 4X8 with the plastic floor and built on skis for when I can not drive out. I thought it might hold up better and be a little more solid then the 1/2 stuff.
Got it all primed tonight. Will throw a couple coates of paint on it Friday night, fish all day saturday and assemble the house after I am done cleaning fish (ha ha) on Saturday night.
I am going to figure out a way to hook my two houses together like was mentioned above. That sounds awesome!

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

We got the houses built and tried them out last night. puting the two together worked great, but we did not have the velcro for them yet but we were able to seal them pretty good. We fish with 4 people in the house and a small heater at each end. We caught 2 4 inch walleyes and 4 small crappies (fished from 3:00pm to about 6:00pm) on lake Washington