• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

voyager fish house

Sniper1

I'm am looking for some one that has diagrams, pictures or can tell me how to enclose my voyager fish house. What I want to do is make storage areas below the seats so the bottom is compartments. I would like to have my auger sit behind the seat on top of the plywood, so I can use the space below for rods and other things.

I know some one posted something like this last year but I didn't pay attention to it and I went to find it last night and I couldn't.

I appreciate any and all the help you guys can give me,

thank you

I just finished mine last Thursday. I only used 2 seats, with flip up compartments under each. In the back of the sled, I made 2 circular cutouts for a bucket and 20# propane cylinder. Between the 2 is flip up rod storage and heater storage. I am also going to be adding a flush table on vertical sliders between the 2 seats. Under the table will be 2 rod holders and 4 30 bulb 1157 LEDs. I am doing 2 red and 2 white, with 1 of each color pointing front and back. All the wiring will be contained to under the table with a vexilar battery running everything. Thinking about covering the whole deal with indoor/outdoor carpet that I picked up, but not sure yet if I want to deal with hooks getting stuck. It is still a bit of a work in progress as I needed to use it this last weekend. I will be finishing it up tonight.

Link to Voyager Pics

I should add that I used 5/8" plywood that sits on top of the sled. It needed some careful trimming so that it wouldn't hit the canvas, but I think mounting it to the top cut down on a lot of weight that would have been added by using a 2x2 frame. The only supports I used were 4 10" vertical 2x4s in the middle. Once I do the cutout for the table, I will likely have to add a short length of 2x2 on each side for it to sit on when it is not in use.

They are stationary. Being able to slide the seats front to back was nice, however, the metal bars would take up about 4" of space (deep), and 15" wide so I decided to just ditch them. I guess my thought was that it is easy enough to slide the sled back an inch or two if I need to. What I would do differently, and I still may, is build the seat up about 2" higher that level with the top of the sled. I'm just shy of 6' and would like a little bit more height.

Big daddy 18, the seats slide sideways along the rail and forward and backwards also, I got the house two years ago so it has the padded seats as well. What I was thinking, is on the backside, make a cut out for my minnow pale if I have enough room because I want to put my rod box underneath and extra 1lb propane tanks and the auger on top of that.

In the front by the seats I want two cut outs for bucket, minnow and vexlar and a spot to put extra battery's for my lights and backpack with my lunch.

I was thinking of using 3/8 in board for the top, using the slide latches to keep the top attached to the sled and cover everything with indoor/outdoor carpeting.

What do you guys think, am I adding too much weight to it???