• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trap. I am originally from the La Crosse area. Lake Onalaska is a good place to ice fish, decent for bass and sunnies in the summer. I only fished there a few times myself. There is a place called Red Sails resort I think it is, its off of cnty rd Z if memory serves me. There is a bait shop on the left side of the road if your heading north on 35 thru onalaska Its about 3 blocks past the Dairyqueen thats on the left at the first light north of interstae 94 overpass.. They can give you some tips and good directions where to go.

Another good place thats easier to find is to go south on 35 to Stoddard. Its a little town of 750 people south of La Crosse about 10 miles. It will be evedent where to go when you get there. You will see a ton of cars parked along the road nrht of town. There is a wayside there, but unless you get there early it will probably be full of parked trucks.

Also Goose Island has some good spots for gills and crappies. it is south of La Crosse about 3 miles, its readily marked. Hope this helps some.

Fished Onalaska last Sat off of the airport road. No luck saw a lot of stripped bass on my cam but people say they don't bite in the winter. moveed over by Shaffers resort later with the same results. lot of other fishermen but no one was getting anything. theres suppose to be a tournement this weekend

I tried Shaffers and camp 22 this past weekend also..nothing but dinks. I marked a lot of baitfish on the screen...too many baitfish. It must have something to do with the bite. I'm going to try EAgles Nest Flowage this weekend. I'll post with my results

How has fishing been on lake Onalaska? Planing on heading over this weekend and was wondering where to go? Pretty soon my wife won't believe me that I even go. Coming home skunked all the time Ha Ha