• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Simple storage - portable modification - Help?

jphersh22

I have a 2 man Frabill that I load into the back of my pickup. I didn't want to do a full modification with plywood, etc, due to the added weight, but I wanted to have safer storage for my electronics. I got a 92 quart storage tub from WalMart and then bought some of that rubber mesh liner that you put in the bottom of a silverware drawer and lined the inside of the tub with 2 layers of the liner. It's non-skid and has some cushion to it. I can fit my Vex, Aqua Vu, 5 SOS (structure on a string), and my Inflatable PFD. Everything fits perfect and I don't have to worry about my expensive equipment bouncing around loose when pulling the portable on the ice. I also like the fact that I can pack all my expensive stuff together in the tub and then throw it in the truck when driving too and from the lake and keep the whole tub inside when not in use. Now I just need some ice here in Iowa. Below zero temps now though, so this weekend should be ready!

I have a Tri-plex but remove the center seat (3 man house)and put two milk crates between the two seats. One holds the propane tank, the other just for misc (5 gal pail, minnow pail or the seat stands if I tuck the seats down to fit under my taneau cover). Then behind the seats, I have one tub for the Big Buddy and hose and a second lower longer tub that holds my tackle bag, rods in a Croxton Pond bag, Vexi, and misc necessities. I'm sorry I don't recall the size of the tubs. But I find this to be the best way to store all my equipment inside the house and it just 'locks' everything in so nicely too.

I've seen some neat storage ideas throughout these forums in the past but using plywood and creating those areas for storage only adds weight and takes away the flexibility for me in my style of fishing.

I think you're in the right direction with the tub...maybe some foam padding for the vexi to sit on is maybe one last thing to add.

I took some Blue styrofoam insulation (Blue won't absorb water) place it in the bottom of my voyeager and then set up everything where I wanted it. Have a small platic basket on the curved end to hold rod holders etc. After I cut out all the items I wanted secured I covered in in blue outdoor carpet (had to match the house). This works great, and when I want to clean out the house I can remove the insert and wipe it all out. Best yet, didn't add tons of weight and stuff is secure and doesn't move around even when dragging behind the wheeler. grin.gif