• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help me upgrade my digital, pls

My first digital has been a Fujifilm FinePix A210. I chose it because it was pretty darned easy to use, got good reviews, and was on closeout. I also liked that it had a tripod mount and delay, cause I like to get into my pictures when possible. I also like the auto setting, it takes better pictures than I can by futzing around - I am NOT a pro! blush.gif Nor, do I want to be. grin.gif

Overall, I like this camera - it is compact and "ignorance resilient" - it has taken some impressive blows and environmental conditions and keeps on ticking. I intend to keep it.

But, I am at a point where I need a few extra features to enhance my enjoyment and create better pictures. I geek out on somethings, but a camera is not one where I want to spend my brain-cycles. Here's my troubles, hopefully someone can help me trouble-shoot them and make some recommendations.

Overall, I probably won't want a unit that is overly complex - I want reliable, simple to operate, and affordable. I have a not-insignificant investment in xD memory cards, too, that would be nice to leverage.

1. The A210 doesn't work well in outdoor low light conditions when I want to capture the dimness, I get grains, I have to use flash, which spoils the look.

2. Along with #1, in low light conditions where I would prefer not to use the flash, I get blurry images, I presume since this camera is trying to compensate by holding the aperture open longer and I have a shaley hand. Is there a better way to do this?

3. Same deal inside - but I expect to use a flash, so it's not as bad. The problem is that the effect of the flash on this A210 is to wash out the center of the image, I'd have to spend too much time adjusting the digital image on the computer for my taste.

4. Putting this camera into delay timer setting is a bunch of onscreen menu futzing - Ideally, I want to put the camera into a locked setting where it stays in delay timer setting until I turn it off, and doesn't reset to normal operation after every delay shot or power cycle.

Is there hope?