• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Regs

Big Fish Hunter247

I have question I store my ATV over in Wisconsin and I do most of my rideing over there but its registered in Minnesota I was just wondering what the cost would be just to transfer it to Wisconsin than pay Minnesota $36.00 just so its legal anybody know what it would cost?

Than another question is I know its not legal to have a snorkl kit on you ATV here in Minnesota does anybody know if it is legal in Wisconsin? just wondering because a friend of mine want to put on on his 4 wheeler

Thanks For the Info

Big Fish Hunter247

WI law say if you have it over in WI for over "X" amount of days it must be registered and licenesed in WI. I cant remember what "X" equals. Otherwise if you have your machine registered/licensed in another state you must buy a trail pass to be legal in WI, think the cost of the pass is $15.

Not sure about the snorkel in WI, I think it is a no/no though. In MN it can be snorkeled, and driven on any trail as long as it isn't 6" above stock. Now were they measure "stock" from of course the law doesn't say. So it could be from the ground, or from where the stock intake ends. Gota love the MN DNR, they sure keep stuff vague. If your over 6" then about the only place you can drive is on your own property, and the park in Gilbert.

After reading through the Regs, there should be no problem with you registering your atv in Wisconsin. It's $30 and shows no other price if you are non-resident. If you ride in WI as a non-resident, there is an $18 trail pass that you must purchase, this is a new law that came out. Didn't see anything about a snorkel in there. Only thing they talk about muffler wise, was the decibel rating not being over 96.

If you have more questions, I'd just give the DNR office near your riding area a call and get the details. I see they had a lot of new laws made so it'd be worth the call.