• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip up -- stupid question

RocketRich

What is the round ring for on the tip-up spool (underwater type). Do you just thread the line through the "o" or do you hook the line in it to pull out. My rig and weight with chub on the bottom pull line out because I am not able to tighten the tension on the spool any tighter. I have used the ring and the gap in it to hold the line it works but I am not certain it is correct. Rocket

If I understand the question, the ring makes the spool spin when line is taken rather than the line simply un-coiling and falling off the bottom of the spool. Its been a long time since I've used tip ups, but I remeber the polar type has a smooth side & a notched side on the piece that the flag is placed on. Maybe your type has a similar set up.