• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cheap diy led rope light

ice bandit

found a great deal on battery operated led lights at menards in the christmas lights their 18 led micro lights and run off of 4 AA batteries $2.99 also got some clear tubing from the plumbing department $1.28 and fished the lights through works great will post pics soon

sorry guys scratched the rope lights . Instead I took a 1x2 furring strip about 48" long and drilled 18 holes 2" apart down the length of it than i pushed each led into the coresponding hole and used zip ties to hold it all together and velco to attach it to the poles inside thefishhouse. I scraped the rope ligths after i threaded the lights through the tubing and then realized they werent bright unless you were looking at them straght on. the lights are pretty bright the way there set up now .will post some pics in very near future grin.gifsorry first post was before I had the lights in the house

I took a headlight buld for a car and attached it to the center frame pole and then ran the wires through the frame pole down to the bottom. This way no wired are exposed and you cannot catch them on anything.

This one bulb is very bright. My only worry is if I hit it with something very hard. They last very long in a car while bouncing down the road, so shaking and bouncing should not hurt them.

Total cost for this was 10.00. 7 dollars for the light and three dollars for the wire and connectors.