• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PC based sound systems..?

minneman

Quote:

i would go with a home stereo/tuner/amp and hook

the pc to that. a pc probly wont have the power

to run multiple speakers a long distance.

bbqhead

Agreed. Definitely go with the above setup and connect an audio cable from your computer to the receiver. You won't be able to find anything else that will power all sorts of speakers throughout your house... and if you did, it would probably be pretty darn expensive.

For a while I used to use my stereo as my PC speakers and it worked flawlessly and sounded great.

If you dont have a "line out" on the back of your PC you may have to go and get yourself a card that does. The good thing about this is most cards are plug and play so you just install it and thats it.

I bought a thing called "Game Theater" for my old pc, it was a thing that plugged into a card that came with the unit, then I could plug in a stereo, guitar, mics, amp, game controller, and also had 4 more USB ports. So from that unit, I ran a set of RCA cables (the red and white plugs) to the stereo's auxillary input and I could play my guitar through the stereo at home. Not only that but I had surround sound for games on my PC too. Worked pretty good.

I know alot of people that will plug their lap top into their stereo system at home. It works awesome. From that system you can put speakers where ever you want them, whether they are just your simple stand alones or they are mounted inside your walls in every room in the house.

I think you can actually use the headphone jack on your pc. Get yourself a IPOD adapter (the guys at Radio Shack will know what you need if you tell them your plans), plug the one end into the headphone jack, and the other into the Aux input of your stereo and it should work. The headphone jack is the one on the back of your PC with a little headphone or speaker symbol.

Panasonic has a home system with a wireless extra speaker to be installed in another room.

Use your Audio out from your computer system (check the back, where the speaker jack is located) to the Panasonic and you can power 2 rooms.

I have a good set of speakers on my PC and barely use stereo anymore. Altec Lansig made some huge sets (I have one), in fact last night I was listening mp3s a little too loud and wife upstairs yelled to turn it down so they could watch TV

grin.gif