• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I got my christmas present early...

polarsusd81

So my fiance gave me the okay to get the puppy for myself as the early christmas present. I got a 7 week old female chocolate lab. I am going to pick up Game Dog tonight on the way home from work cause I want to get started on training her as soon as possible. The only thing I am somewhat bummed out about is that all the water is froze up so I can't take her out for a swim. I am very fortunate though, she immediately warmed up to my son who is 5 1/2 months old. She was wild and crazy with me and the girl, but when I set the little guy down on the floor the pup came up and really gently crawled into my son's lap. She then nuzzled up to him and let him pet her. That was a moment I wont soon forget.

IMG_0204a.jpg

Tom

Have fun with the pup. What a great Christmas gift! Labs are great at reading what each person can handle. We have a disabled son and all my LAbs are naturally extra careful around him. Cute little girl you have there...

Good Luck!

Ken

Good looking pup!! When my son was in a bad car accident a few years ago and had some major face surgery the Labs who were both 4 at the time and very ramey in the house would climb in bed with him and act like they were sitting on eggs. Dogs just seem to know who needs the TLC nothing better then kids and puppies growing up together..