• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doe Pee ??

CC Hurl

I use golden estrus or Tinks #69. My question is how many of you have had the scent accually Scare the doe's away?

Over the years i have seen them get spooked from the scent and take off. I dont like to see this because of course the Buck will follow if he is around. I would like to read some of your tactics on laying down scent and if you have seen them spooked by estrus scent.

good luck this weekend looks like weather will be good for a day in the stand.

Thanks

CC HURL

CC:

I tend to shy away from true estrus scents if I'm interested in taking a doe. For that reason, I use Trails End #309. I think there's enough attractant in there that isn't just estrus to keep does around. The worst reaction i've had from does near the #309 is some puzzled looks. Never spooking.

Joel

I've found that on public land it can do more damage than good. I have had bucks and does take off as soon as they get a whiff of my wicks. It was enough to get me to stop on public land. On private land with minimal hunting pressure it's been very successful. I believe it depends on how much pressure the deer have had on them. The more people that use it and spook a deer the more educated they become.

I have not had them spook off but now I collect the pee right from the deer once I shoot it and collect it in a water bottle. One for does and one for bucks. Works well for me the last few years. Gun deer mostly but it has not spooked anything.