• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Too windy?

So I aquired this week off work (laid off) and what crappy weather. What do you all think is too windy? Is it worth sitting in 35 mph gusts or should I just watch the outdoor channel from the couch? Anybody got any high wind tips? Also, how do you think wind will effect my shot?

Unless you've got a TV & couch in your deer stand, go out & hunt. If you're not going to do that, go back to work & save your vacation man.

Find a protected spot where there's food or a funnel, they'll be there. The deer will still move, but they'll actually be in more predictable places. I hunted in a poor spot this morning (for just an hour), I wanted to try it once before gun season just in case. I didn't see anything, but on my way to work saw a big deer down wind of a thick stand of pine trees about 8:00.