• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How much does this weigh?

dan2957

I thought you die-hard carp guys may be able give a good guess as to how much this carp weighed. Sluggomaster and I were bass fishing on Long Lake near Willmar and I set the hook into this hog. I thought I had a monster pike or a state record bass on at first but five minutes into the fight and three runs around the boat I still had no clue as to what was attached to the end on my line. I caught the fish on a Jig n Pig and he was a ton of fun. I guess carp will eat just about anything.

CarpOct2006.jpg

There a thousands of carp in this lake so you bowfisherman should go out there and thin the population a bit next spring. I was on the lake this last spring and ran into two guys going bow fishing, they told me they had shot over 500 pounds of carp the day before and where going after more. The water clarity is very good in the lake so you should have a easy time finding them.

Do you guys have any idea how much this thing weights? My guess is 30 pounds. We had a X tool scale but it was to heavy for the scale.