• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lab Allergies

MIKE IN lINO III

I have a black lab we adopted 4 years ago, he's probably 8 years old. He was having problems with allergies, he would lick his feet constantly during certain times of the year. Now I have noticed that his skin is really dry and scratchy. He goes nuts rolling around in the grass trying to itch his back.

Anyone have experience with this? What could it be?

Mike

to me it sounds like its just dry skin, try giving a few raw eggs over his foodfor a few days or wheat germ is another good option. Dry skin can drive a dogs nuts, also for the long term you may want to change its diet.

my lab had allergies and I started feeding her nutro dog foods, it worked for the dry skin, but she started the licking again. the vet said that some dogs just develop a nervous habit.

we had her on prednisone it worked great but 2 weeks after she was weaned off it the licking started again. they sell it at fleet farm.