• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seat O The Pants harness - do you have one?

BLACKJACK

Looking at the Cabelas catalog, thinking about getting the Seat o the Pants 'Supreme Harness' for my wife, does anyone have one of these? How do you like it? How hard is it to slip on? I have the original Seat o the pants, it is nice with that pouch to hold everything buts its kind of a pain in the arse to put on. This new one looks like more of a vest and might be easier to put on...

Any comments appreciated.

Don't have one but I did just buy a vest style harness and I love it compared to the basic 5 point harness I had before. Basically, I just step into the leg loops, snap one buckle around the chest ala life vest style, button the vest, and make sure the leg loops are tight. Nice not having everything a tangled mess and trying to figure it out at 6 am! I'd go with a vest style if she plans to go any decent amount with you.

BTW, BlackJack, are you getting out opening morning? I plan to to be in a tree a little ways northwest of New London come legal light. Whoo-hoo! grin.gif

Chucker, I'll be getting out several times over the weekend, just not sure when. My 83 year old dad wants to go fishing, hard to turn that down, the bow season goes on for 3 1/2 months, lots of time to hunt. If its nice, I'll probably go fishing, if its cloudy and rainy, I'll be bowhunting, especially if its and east wind. I have a couple new spots that require and east wind and I'd like to try them.

BTW, I hunt 25 miles NW of Willmar, 10 miles south of Brooten.

BUMP - Someone has to have one of these harnesses or is Summit going out of business? grin.gif

BlackJack, gotcha. I hunt mainly on different places on the outskirts of and surrounding Sibley Park, Games and Norway Lake areas. I would go fishing with my dad too as there will be plenty of time to hunt these next three months!

I see that Sibley is doing a muzzleloader hunt again this year - does only. Have you ever done this? I may have to put in for a permit some year, which means I'd have to get a muzzleloader!