• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quillback

From the front part of the dorsal fin it looks like a river carpsucker, Carpiodes carpio. There are three of the family Catostomidae that look similar; the quillback, the highfin carpsucker, and the river carpsucker. Nice catch!

Dave D.

What depths are you fishing for the real gamefish(Carp, Suckers)?

While I was fishing with pieces of nightcrawler near Harriet Island what were all of those fish bugging my bait?

I had little taps every single second it was near the bottom. I was just wondering if these were catchable fish or if they were just small minnow type fish.

We are fihing in a barge staging area near the Holman airport. I'm not sure how deep we are fishing but I do know that its fairly shallow and sandy for a good 40 feet of shore then begins to drop I cast just beyond the drop. They stage loaded barges along there so I would say its at least 13ft. I dont do to much on Harriet Island but Ihave been to Navy Island (Rasberry) a few times this year. We also had those nibblers on crawlers. I managed to hook a couple Mooneyes It could be possible thats what they are. I would recommend sweet corn over crawlers it will eliminate your bait stealers and sheephead. But I still bring crawlers every once in a while. 6d0667d3.jpg