• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Exude Comida vs. Mr. Largemouth

This past weekend I had the opportunity to chase down a few bass a few different lakes. The plan was to work both deep and shallow structure, in hopes of hooking into a few nice bruiser largemouths.

We started the weekend off targeting mainlake structure with a "stupid-rigged" Exude Comida...

StupidRig.jpg

This particular technique was shown to me by Deitz Dittrich a couple years ago and it has worked wonders on the largies. Only action needed is a slow glide back to the boat while keeping in slight contact with the bottom. A very simple way to work the Comida, yet very effective...

MJbassCL2.jpg

The Junebug Comida was the hot color when working the mainlake structure. But the fish also took a liking to the Pumkin Pepper, Christmas Tree and Watermelon Seed colors as well...

comidas.jpg

As the weekend progressed, we focused more and more on docks. We found fish relating to both shallow and deep water docks, ranging anywhere from a foot of water to 6-7 feet of water. We worked the docks by skipping wacky-rigged Comidas into the shade, both under and alongside the docks. The large shady areas next to pontoons and boat lifts were exceptional for giving up several bass. This one was taken on a Fire and Ice Comida...

MJbassCL.jpg

One of the top characteristics of the Exude plastics is their durability to withstand multiple fish. It was not uncommon to land 4-5 fish on one plastic, sometimes even more. This saved on frustration and allowed me to pitch right back to the hot area without having to put on another plastic.

Docks proved to be the most consistent bite this past weekend, and the Exude Comida was the bait of choice. I don't think I've hit the water within the last few weeks and haven't thrown a Comida in some fashion. It's a versatile plastic that can be presented in a variety of ways.

So, the Comida battled off against the largemouth, and I feel safe to say that the Comida won this time smile.gif

MJbassColart.jpg

Check out the Exude Comida and the rest of the Exude line of plastics at the MisterTwister website...

Mister Twister- Exude

I made it out this morning for a couple hours. Just couldn't resist the cool temps and comfortable weather! smile.gif

I started off working a piece of deep structure in about 13-15 feet. It was an isolated grass hump that was pinned between deep and shallow water. I pitched a jig-worm over it for about 45 minutes and managed to land a few smaller fish in the 12-15 inch range. The big ones didn't seem to be holding on that particular piece of structure so I slid up towards a set of docks that were next to deeper water.

By this time is was about 10:30am and the sun was out and casting a very nice shady spot around the pontoons and larger docks. I worked a wacky-rigged Christmas Tree Comida both along side and under the docks. Caught 6 fish off the docks between 10:30-11:30am, all over 16 inches with the biggest just ticking that 21-inch mark...

MJbassCoL3.jpg

The larger fish were definitely holding under the docks today and they were aggressive. All of my hits under the docks where within a couple seconds (if even that) of the bait hitting the water. Some of the fish hit immediately and tore out drag like a pike!

Looks like this nice weather is going to last through tomorrow as well for the Metro Area. I'm going to try another lake tomorrow in hopes of patterning a few larger deep water bass...

Yep, love the Christmas Tree Comida. Today I worked a lilly pad edge with decent success. I found the fish were tight to the bottom, so I opted to add a 1/32 oz bullet split shot to my wacky rigged Comida for faster fishing.

ty_largie1.jpg

Took my bro out fishing for a couple hours right after sunrise today. We didn't land a lot of fish, but we got a few nice ones. We skipped docks with wacky-rigged Comidas pretty much the entire time. I managed to land one my largest fish of the season... a hair over 22-inches...

MJbassCoL4.jpg

It struck about 10 yards back under a dock and it was a miracle that I got it out. I knew it was a good fish but I didn't think it was that big. My brother and I about crapped when we saw it surface and flop (too big to jump wink.gif). A very heavy and thick fish too.

Depth didn't seem to matter a whole lot today. We caught fish in a foot of water all the way to 5-6 feet under the docks. The big one came in about 2-3 feet of water off a dock that was surrounded by weeds...