• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SKUNKS

Well, if you can put up with the stink they make, trap them with a foot hold. Don't be fooled by people telling you that if you do this, that, or the other thing when you kill the skunk, he won't spray...they will turn loose that musk no matter how you kill them! They may not actually spray in some instances, but they leak and a little skunk essence goes a real long ways!

I trapped for about 20 some years and in all the skunks I sent to the other side, everyone of them stunk!

If you can't put up with the stink, try live trapping them away from dwellings and then drowning them right in the trap. No matter what, handling skunks is stinky business!

Make sure you have a carrying pole attached to the trap before you get the skunk. Maybe a 50 gallon drum of water near the trap area would work for the drowning site?

I'll let you know that this drowning business is 2nd hand info, as I have never tried it...my choice when I got one in a trap was always a well placed .22 short. Good luck.