• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Feeding Time

MT Net

Thanks. It all happened pretty quick, i barely got them in focus and snapped the pic before they flew off. ISO 50 and 1/15 shutter speed wide open at 3.5.

Here's 2 pics of the flickers.

Waiting for the meal

IMG_0105.jpg

Lunchtime! A hurried shot. No, not a great shot, She didn't hang around at all when she discoverd me.

IMG_0109.jpg

MT:

Golly, that's quite a low iso rating and shutter speed. You must have a steady hand to keep parts of the image that sharp.

Very nice compositions on the flickers, though the subjects are underexposed. Your camera's meter exposed for the highlights (birch trunks and bright sky background) instead of darker birds. A bit of work in levels will lighten them up and bring out more detail.

Good stuff. grin.gif

Thanks! i'll take all the tips and critiques to hlep in the learining process. I'm still learning and playing with my new Canon S2 IS camera. IS set for shoot only. I'm used to my old point and shoot type camera, the S2 is a whole lot more than what I'm used to. Oh, and I was using the 1.5X teleconverter on the flicker pics, I need to work more on bright background photos. But it's fun in the learning process.

MT: In situations like the flicker nestlings, where they are staying in one place and you don't have to hurry, if you have a manual exposure setting on your S2 and you're shooting a subject substantially darker than your background, overexpose the image by one stop, experimenting with the right level of overexposure as you go. If you overexpose too much, you'll completely blow out your background highlights. If you don't overexpose enough, your subjects will stay dark and will be heavy with digital noise and will lack detail.

Also, I don't know the specs on the S2, but if you have a spot meter function, use it. It will meter for the small area around whichever focus point you select.

Keep shooting, and have a blast. grin.gif